If you’ve checked out any of the plant entries you probably noticed I give every plant a letter grade. This grade is completely unscientific.
The grades are a representation of:
- How well it works in a particular spot in my garden at a particular point in time
- How well it works with my gardening style, which I would describe as quite laissez-faire.
- My particular taste in plants
I try to explain myself a bit in the Shady Assessment comment to help give some context. My goals are to:
- Remind myself how much I do or do not like a plant (yes I need reminding) and
- Perhaps give other folks a guidepost for how or if they should attempt to grow a particular species/variety.
I hope you find this helpful, but be warned, you may have a completely different experience with a particular plant than me!